Kypris Aster Drake is a UC-Educated Scientist turned Sex and Intimacy Coach. Her unique expertise is to help cancer survivors thrive by regaining their sexual health after treatment. Raised in the St. Louis area, Kypris migrated to San Diego for her undergraduate work and fell in love with the Sun, Sea, and Desert. Inspired by this city’s innovative mix of science, holistic health, and integrative medicine, she has created a unique method for overcoming obstacles to full sexual health. Her work, speaking, and writing combines modern scientific discoveries with body awareness practices and self discovery.
The subject and length of talks can be adjusted to suit a particular audience. In general Kypris speaks for 30-60 minutes, and offers talks on these topics of interest to cancer survivors. Some sample topics are:
- Cancer and Vaginal Atrophy: What it is, and what you can do about it.
- Recovering Your Sexual Health…After Breast Cancer.
- Prostate Cancer Recovery: Reconnecting to Sex.
- How do I Talk to My Partner About Sex?
- Cancer Spouses: Understanding your Partner’s Sexual Health.
- Renewing Intimacy after Cancer
Kypris offers 20-60 minute presentations via Power Point, Paper Handouts, or both. She offers a variety of cash pay options for follow-up care to the participants. These include:
- A downloadable “Sex and Cancer” ebook
- A “Return to Pleasure” home study course
- Private work with me
- M.S. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, National University
- Heartwisdom Tantric Educator and Coach
- Certified Reiki Master
- STEM (Sex Therapy, Education, and Medicine) at Alvarado Hospital, San Diego.
- AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists)
- over 10 years as a Scientist
- Grief Counselor at Sharp Hospice
- 9 years as a sex and intimacy expert
- Secretary and Board Member of HeartWisdom School ( a 501c3 corporation)
“A Tandemly Arrayed Surface Protein Gene in Trypanosoma cruzi“, University of California, Irvine, December, 1989.
Bennett, CD; Chiang, MY; Chan, H.; Shoemaker, JE; Mirabelli, CE. “Cationic Lipids Enhance Cellular Uptake and Activity of Phosphorothioate Antisense Oligonucleotides” Molecular Pharmacology, June 1992 vol.41 no. 6 1023-1033.
Crooke, RM; Hoke, GD; Shoemaker, JE. “In Vitro Toxicological Evaluation of ISIS 1082, a Phosphorothioate Oligonucleotide Inhibitor of Herpes Simplex Virus”, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Mar 1992, 527-532.
Johnson, TE; Friedman, DB; Foltz, NI; Fitzpatrick, PA; Shoemaker, JE. “Genetic Variants and Mutations of Caenorhabiditis elegans Provide Tools for Dissecting the Aging Process”, in CGC Book, p 103-127, 1990.
Shoemaker, JE; Fitzpatrick, PA; Friedman, DB; Johnson, TE. “Deficency mapping of the age-1 locus in C elegans”, International C elegans Meeting, 1987.
Johnson, TE; Friedman, DB; Foltz, NI; Fitzpatrick, PA; Shoemaker, JE. “Genetic Variants and Mutations of Caenorhabditis elegans provide tools for dissecting the Aging Processes”, in Genetic Effects on Aging Two, vol. 2, Ed. Davd E. Harrison, CRC Press 1990, 101-127.
1. Sex and Cancer: Six Weeks to Better Sex for Couples During and after Cancer Treatment. 2013
2.The Heart of Intimacy: Six Gateways to Healthy Relationships. 2012
3. Journey to Sexual Wholeness: Six Gateways to Sacred Sexuality. 2007
Fees and Expenses
Please call 760-522-2554 for individual fees.
• At the time of booking, half of the contract fees are required as a deposit to hold the date.
• Cancellation of scheduled sessions within 30 days or less: your deposit is forfeited.
• Cancellation of sessions more than 31 days before the scheduled session: 90% of your deposit is refunded or applied to a future date.
- To be pre-billed to client, unless taken care of by client
• An audio or video master and sample of finished products required
• Recording rights reside with author/presenter
• Additional contract fee may be required
Books, audio materials, and home study courses available.